FW190A & Me-109 at Duxford, England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FW190A & Me-109 at Duxford, England

Now I know why I must travel to Great Britain.
    I had to share this video with the rest of you guys.
    If the Me-109 wasn't a Hispano model and had the DB605, it would have really history making....imagine !!!
    I'd like to see Stormbirds.com put a sales-pitch flying demo of their Me-262 at the Reno Air Races.
    Yes, I miss the old Confederate Air Force at Reno.
    Une première vidéo enregistrée le 11 juillet 2009 à Duxford (GB), lors de la dernière édition du célèbre "flying legend". Comme chaque année, un show inoubli...
    Rampking

Re: FW190A & Me-109 at Duxford, England

i cant wait to see a 190 in the skies down here in NZ... there is one coming to live here... the DB powered 109 has a sound of its own.. was lucky enough to see one at warbirds over wanaka in 96
    race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Rampking, thanks for posting that GREAT videolink. The FW-190A is my second-favorite aircraft (-second only to the P-38). Watching the video footage of those two FWs at Duxford & seeing one barrel roll over Duxford made my day, lemme tell ya! Kurt Tank's beautiful fighter design is exquisite, & a joy to behold in flight!!!

I am among the many who are anxiously looking forward to getting to see an FW-190 fly here in the USA in the near future (Fleug Werks example OR original, no matter). Would love to see one entered in RR Heritage Trophy competition at Reno too (& one going around the pylons someday- that's simply too much to wish for!)

For those interested in knowing what surviving original FW-190s are out there, here's a link to a remarkable website (which also covers all known examples of surviving WW2 Axis aircraft):

DBD
      Last edited by BuckyD; 12-19-2009, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the link rampking. My hair raised seeing those fighters.
        And thank you DBD for that link about the preserved warbirds. I love those german fighters, the TA 152, a master piece.
        Last edited by taglialavore; 12-19-2009, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by taglialavore View Post
          Thank you for the link rampking. My hair raised seeing those fighters.
          And thank you DBD for that link about the preserved warbirds. I love those german fighters, the TA 152, a master piece.
          This Dora 12 is soooo "fighter", beautiful. It´s the only one lasting and it´s in Phoenix, Arizona, I´m not sure.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by taglialavore; 12-20-2009, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the link...man, that music brought back memories. Can't wait to see Rudy Frasca's FW-190 at Oshkosh!

Comment

Originally posted by taglialavore View Post
              This Dora 12 is soooo "fighter", beautiful. It´s the only one lasting and it´s in Phoenix, Arizona, I´m not sure.

A few years back it went to the Seattle Museum of flight, now with Paul Allen's HFC also in Seattle.

John H

Comment

this may fly tommorow in south carolina
                Attached Files
                www.davemorss.com

Comment

Originally posted by morss View Post
                  this may fly tommorow in south carolina
                  Very cool, is this a Flug Werk late production model? if so why the 4 blade prop.. as far as i can tell the only 190 to ever have a 4 blade prop was the experimental 190C 'kangaroo'
                  race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Plane is Bob Russell's.
                    According to WIX, engine (ASh-82), prop & cowling are off a TU2.

BTW, mentioned on warbird radio here
                    thumbnails on bottom right of page
                    Last edited by Apteryx; 12-21-2009, 01:08 AM.

Comment

I was lucky enough to be there both last year and this year!!

theres a good DVD out with Air to Air on the 190 plus in cockpit stuff with Yak 3 and B25 Grumpy

Oh and Steve Hinton Snr in a Centaurus engined Fury T20

Comment

Originally posted by kiwiracefan View Post
                        Very cool, is this a Flug Werk late production model? if so why the 4 blade prop.. as far as i can tell the only 190 to ever have a 4 blade prop was the experimental 190C 'kangaroo'
                        That is a scaled down 190 like a thunder Mustang isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
                          That is a scaled down 190 like a thunder Mustang isn't it?
                          If that is an ASH-82, (as it appears to be), I would think it is a Flugwerks.

Comment

I just scaled out the photo and is it a full size 190. Strange, something about the combo of light, paintjob and photo postion makes it appear smaller then it is. Not the the 190 is a large fighter. When is someone going to make some Stuka Repro's?

Comment

I just scaled out the photo and is it a full size 190. Strange, something about the combo of light, paintjob and photo postion makes it appear smaller then it is. Not the the 190 is a large fighter. When is someone going to make some Stuka Repro's?

Comment

Working...
                              X