Re: Random Shot Of The The Day

And now...this pics...sheesh....
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Air Boss
    replied

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
    I was hoping you'd share some of your home pylon shots with us. Thats like ground zero for the Reno Air Races.

Nice view from up there I bet.

Thanks Dawg. Happy to share. Here's a few more. Playin' around with Affinit Photo a bit...

Leave a comment:

• Desertdawg
    replied

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
    My old Home Pylon crew has been known to have some fun out there from time to time...
    I was hoping you'd share some of your home pylon shots with us. Thats like ground zero for the Reno Air Races.

Nice view from up there I bet.

Leave a comment:

• AAFO_WSagar
    replied

My old Home Pylon crew has been known to have some fun out there from time to time...
    Pylon judges having fun????

NEVER!!!

I remember back to, I think it was 2000l, I was involved with the World of Wings TV production.. On a day off, I got to go to Pylon 8 where Dave DeVos was doing his on-camera stuff.. They would set for his scene, get the camera ready, Dave was set and one of the pylon judges would photobomb Dave from behind by lifting his shirt up over his.... rather sizable belly... After about the third time of start/stop with everyone cracking up, Dave goes into this mock Hollywood rant... "I can't work like this, this is terrible, I'm a professional" and in the next split second he says.. "did anybody get a white balance on that"

Let's just say, everyone within earshot who was watching the shoot was laughing, hard!

Pylon judges having fun.... nonsense!!

Leave a comment:

• Air Boss
    replied

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Desertdawg
    replied

Back to the F1 hanger and assembly day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HWR_2653.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	302.3 KB
ID:	229359

Leave a comment:

• Desertdawg
    replied

Oh no Mr. Bill.

Name:	HWR_2739.jpg
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	229358

Leave a comment:

• Air Boss
    replied

Angels with Dirty Faces...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Desertdawg
    replied

Lets stick your name tag right here.

Name:	HWR_2654.jpg
Size:	359.8 KB
ID:	229356

Leave a comment:

• Desertdawg
    replied

F1 hanger has it's own charactor.

I can see the checklist for the trip to Reno

1 - tools
    2 - shop towels
    3 - oil
    4 - 2 x sofa cushions

Name:	HWR_2655.jpg
Size:	295.4 KB
ID:	229355
    Last edited by Desertdawg; 02-04-2019, 06:00 PM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• Air Boss
    replied

Air race week, the actual racing days are exciting, a schedule packed full of events and racing action.

For me however, the early in the week activity such as; arrivals, pit set-up, practice and qualifying are special.

Watching the teams go about the business of preparing their racers is priceless.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24140[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24141[/ATTACH]
    Forgive the sentimentality here but you sorta struck a nerve, Dawg.

Couldn't agree more. I usually arrive on Friday prior. Of course starting Sunday my days are crazy busy but still believe there's a great story being told on those early days and the early hours of each day of the entire week. Dawn patrol, run-ups at surise, testing, and activity in the pits and hangars really adds to the build up. I wouldn't trade my gig at Reno for anything but having said that, must admit from time to time I do miss the being able to just absorb the experience.

At the other end, is what I call "Melancholy Monday." Sitting in the empty stands after sunrise watching everyone tear down, forklifts runing around, sound of metal poles clanking against the tarmac and both aircraft and motorhome alike heading home...not to be seen by most of us for another 51 weeks. One year I sat there and watched them lower Home Pylon, my "home away from home" for years. That really conveyed the finality of the week.

One thing about my role now is it does keep me directly involved throughout the year with meetings, planning, and all the rest and that's a good thing. 2019 is looking good on both the racing and airshow side of the house.

So, 120 day to PRS and 215 to Race Week. Thanks for keeping this thread alive. One of the best ideas on the site!

Leave a comment:

• Desertdawg
    replied

Air race week, the actual racing days are exciting, a schedule packed full of events and racing action.

For me however, the early in the week activity such as; arrivals, pit set-up, practice and qualifying are special.

Watching the teams go about the business of preparing their racers is priceless.

Name:	HWR_6466.jpg
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	229353

Name:	HWR_6502.jpg
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	229354
    Last edited by Desertdawg; 02-03-2019, 07:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Air Boss
    replied

The first one brings to mind the old TWA slogan "come fly the friendly skies with us"

Think it was National Airlines who ran with the slogan in the 70's: "Hi. I'm Cheryl. Fly Me!"

You've come a long way, Baby!

Leave a comment:

• Desertdawg
    replied

Another La Patrona shot.

Name:	DSC03814.jpg
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	229352

Leave a comment:

• Desertdawg
    replied

I'll take that bet!
    The first one brings to mind the old TWA slogan "come fly the friendly skies with us"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X