X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MRE
    replied
    Re: Miss America: RENO AIR RACES 2022 - Exciting Things Happening

That is the door from RR3. The yellow band is so they can see the doors position more easy.

Leave a comment:

• RAD2LTR
    replied

What is with the yellow stripe on the exit door? Dago's exit door was yellow in that area to match the band on the fuselage. If this door was a copy of Dagos that came from RR3, it would be silver. That yellow looks very close to the yellow used on Dago making me think this IS the Dago door that was mostly repainted, but why leave the stripe?

Will

Leave a comment:

• RAD2LTR
    replied

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    Hummmm... suddenly I don't feel as bad about my shop floor LOL....

GREAT STUFF MARKERS!!

Gonna ship my gear your way Monday.. ALSO going to ask on facebook photo forum somewhere best way to ship same!!

Any you's (hey, native New Yorker after all) guys ever ship delicate stuff like our dear camera gear?? If so, best way?
    If you have the original boxes for the gear, I'd stuff back in the box, then put those boxes into a single box with some bubble wrap and I think it will be good. This is the one reason I hold onto the original boxes.

If you don't have the original boxes, bubble wrap the hell out of stuff.

Will

Leave a comment:

• RAD2LTR
    replied

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post

GREAT STUFF MARKERS!!

Gonna ship my gear your way Monday.. ALSO going to ask on facebook photo forum somewhere best way to ship same!!

Any you's (hey, native New Yorker after all) guys ever ship delicate stuff like our dear camera gear?? If so, best way?
    If you have the original boxes for the gear, I'd stuff back in the box, then put those boxes into a single box with some bubble wrap and I think it will be good. This is the one reason I hold onto the original boxes.

If you don't have the original boxes, bubble wrap the hell out of stuff.

Will

Leave a comment:

• AAFO_WSagar
    replied

GREAT STUFF MARKERS!!

Leave a comment:

• Pylon1_Mark
    replied

I wasn't able to visit long today (had to jet back to the house unexpectedly to take care of the wife unit), but I'll be visiting again next week. It's been a long day, so I'll have to save the text update for tomorrow. Here are a few pics for your viewing pleasure
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Pylon1_Mark
    replied

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    I really hope they are addressing the easy to fix stuff like the unfinished trim tab actuator covers
    I did want to speak to that after I realized I have some information that might shed some light on this.

Brent let me know that as a result of the NTSB pilot briefing following the GG accident, the trim tab actuators are now replaced every year - not just inspected, but replaced. That being the case, the unpainted actuator covers are more-than-likely a result of this yearly replacement. Leaving them unfinished would allow for easier inspection of their integrity during race week, where time could become a critical component in making the next race (the quicker you find a problem, the quicker you can address it). I will try to verify this with Brent, but it seems to be a good reason to do leave them unfinished.

Oh, and thanks again Will for the oil canning pictures... I'll be sure to show them to Brent.

Leave a comment:

• MRE
    replied

That is an old picture from Hollister right before we were ready to paint it. It was taken away, repossessed, stripped to bare metal and taken apart. Now in storage around Fresno.

Leave a comment:

• Wingnut
    replied

Is this really a recent pic of Dago?
    I was under the impression that it was still in pieces and "on hold" indefinitely.

Leave a comment:

• RAD2LTR
    replied

Originally posted by Reever View Post
    Was Fresno the location where Dago was repo'd?
    It was in Chino when it was repo'd from Frank Taylor. I think there is a thread from 2010 about this on here somewhere.

Will

Leave a comment:

• ZacYates
    replied

Originally posted by Lon Moer View Post
    Just sitting in a hanger in the dark....
    I've seen maybe half a dozen pics of Dago in that (a?) hangar over the years but that's the sharpest!

Leave a comment:

• Reever
    replied

Was Fresno the location where Dago was repo'd?

Leave a comment:

• RAD2LTR
    replied

Originally posted by Lon Moer View Post
    Wow, I thought it was in more pieces than that. That is the first pic I've seen of Dago since it was originally repo'd years ago.

Thanks for the pic.

Will

Leave a comment:

• Lon Moer
    replied

Originally posted by N22252 View Post
    <>
    Now this is a bit off topic... but on the topic of Mustangs seen on the internet disassembled since they last raced; what is the current status of Dago Red?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• RAD2LTR
    replied

Originally posted by N22252 View Post
    Nice graphic!... Even if it isn't the best looking paint scheme for the illustrated tube user.

Now this is a bit off topic... but on the topic of Mustangs seen on the internet disassembled since they last raced; what is the current status of Dago Red?
    As far as anyone on the outside knows, Dago is still in pieces sitting in a hanger in Fresno. I've been looking under a lot of rocks and I haven't found anything to indicate otherwise.

Will

Leave a comment:

Working...
X