Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GOOD NEWS RARA Email: Seeking New Venue!: Where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N22252
    replied
    Re: GOOD NEWS RARA Email: Seeking New Venue!: Where?

For the continuity of "Going to Reno" the Minden, NV airport would be about the closest place that might work.

I like the idea of Wendover,UT as it's a historic airport in the middle of nowhere, and it's next door to the Bonneville Salt Flat with its legacy of racing. However the middle of nowhere part makes it hard to draw a paying crowd of spectators.

Someone on the WIX site suggested Pueblo, CO on Friday. I've never been there, but it does appear to be remote with open space, but still accessible via Colorado Springs.

In any case, picking airports from the couch while sipping coffee on a Sunday morning is easier said than the logistics and politics that will need done to make it happen. I really hope RARA will take up that fight.

Leave a comment:

• GOOD NEWS RARA Email: Seeking New Venue!: Where?

I'll try to find and post the email that I'm sure most of you have seen, containing the news that the current RARA body politik is seeking a new venue!!

I thought this subject deserved a new "stuck" thread!

VERY encouraging that there still is an active group down there in RENO working to keep it going!

Personally, I think that something like the RENO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP AIR RACES sounds really good but lets be realistic.. I think it was the city of Reno basically chose to not support the races any longer.

SOOOoooo...

Back to the basis of this thread... if they seek and find a new venue... where in heck would it be?

As I sat in the stands at LVMS and watched races there on TV, if you look off in the distance to the east ?? not sure of exact directions, there is a HUGE amount of space..

I'm wondering if a completely new facility would have to be built?

As much as I'd hate to have to commute there for the races (Spent last winter there... I hate Vegas~)

Anyway, throwing it open...

New Venue...

WHERE??
Working...
X