Wayne Sagar, RIP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Sagar, RIP.

I just saw on FB Wayne passed away on July 22. So very sad to see this. It was posted on his page then, but I only just saw it posted on a Planes of Fame group. I can’t express enough thanks for what Wayne did on this site, of course it wasn’t the only one , but eventually became that.

yeah. just saw the same post. thank you so much for this place Wayne, and thank you to everyone who used this platform to enrich the sport so much.

i literally just happened to watch a bunch of home movies from the 80 to 85 races i havent seen in 25 years 3 hours before reading this news. life continues to impress. blue skies for ever Wayner.

Comment

As a long-time lurker, I am saddened to hear this.

Rest In Peace Sir.

Comment

A great loss to the sport, and its followers; indeed, blue skies forever.

Comment

This is tragic news, blue skies Wayne.
          Chris Moldenhauer

Comment

CAVU Wayne,
            Thank you for all you did to promote the sport and provide this forum we all enjoy. You will be missed

Comment

CAVU, Wayne. You are missed by many. And thank you for all your efforts over the years to keep this site flying straight and level. RIP, Wayne.
              Owen Ashurst
              Air Boss
              http://airbossone.com/

Comment

I am trying to either confirm or deny this rumor. I don't know one way or the other. This is the first I've heard of it. I will keep everyone posted with what I find out.

Will

Comment

Damn…
                  "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                    I am trying to either confirm or deny this rumor. I don't know one way or the other. This is the first I've heard of it. I will keep everyone posted with what I find out.

Will
                    Thanks. Wayne was last here on July 20. Here are the links this was posted. First one by Steve Dilda on Wayne’s FB.

Just wanted to let you all know that Wayne Sagar rounded his final pylon two weeks ago Monday. I know he was fond of both Steve and Steve Jr.
                    Last edited by John H; 08-06-2024, 01:08 PM.

Comment

That's very sad news indeed. Last time we talked (about 1 month ago) he said his doctor saw something in his chart & wanted to run some tests, but never indicated anything was serious. We all knew he wasn't in the best of health, but he seemed to be hanging in there just like the rest of us old folks.

My most heartfelt condolences goes out to Linda, friends, and family. RIP buddy.... you made a difference, and you'll be missed more than you know.
                      Mark K....

Comment

Well, this pretty much settles it. Click image for larger version

Name:	waynes obit..jpg
Views:	1017
Size:	303.2 KB
ID:	265493

I don't really know what to say aside that I will miss him. He helped make Reno what it was for the past 25 years. I'm sad that both are now gone. He created this site, and oh what a site it has been. No, he wasn't in the best of health, but last I spoke with him, perhaps a week before Mark did, he seemed to be his normal self. I had no idea that he'd be gone that fast.

My condolences to his family, friends and all those who knew him well. Wayne, rest in peace. You made a difference, and the world of air racing will never be the same without you.

Will

Comment

Better times. I'll tell you what, Wayne....what happens in the truck, stays in the truck.

The first few years of AAFO, before Mark went off to start Pylon 1, before Scotty G went the way of WAP, and before the Bear...well...went off the deep end...were times I will always remember fondly.

Blue Skies

Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	1198
Size:	250.6 KB
ID:	265498 Click image for larger version

Name:	b.jpg
Views:	997
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	265499

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                            Well, this pretty much settles it. Click image for larger version

Name:	waynes obit..jpg
Views:	1017
Size:	303.2 KB
ID:	265493

I don't really know what to say aside that I will miss him. He helped make Reno what it was for the past 25 years. I'm sad that both are now gone. He created this site, and oh what a site it has been. No, he wasn't in the best of health, but last I spoke with him, perhaps a week before Mark did, he seemed to be his normal self. I had no idea that he'd be gone that fast.

My condolences to his family, friends and all those who knew him well. Wayne, rest in peace. You made a difference, and the world of air racing will never be the same without you.

Will
                            Indeed. Well said, Will. Well said...I got nothin' more...
                            Owen Ashurst
                            Air Boss
                            http://airbossone.com/

Comment

I feel so very glad we were able to meet at Reno last year. AAFO was a major - key - part of my air racing education over the years and I may never have ended up there if it wasn’t for Wayne.

Rest easy my friend, and thank you.

Untitled by Zac Yates, on Flickr
                              Zac in NZ

Comment

Working...
                              X