Clear All

Blue Skies Wayne.

Comment

Blue Skies and tail winds Wayne

Comment

Blue skies Wayne.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
          I'll tell you what, Wayne....what happens in the truck, stays in the truck.
          Now that brought a smile to my face... it was me sitting in the middle, Wayne driving, and you sitting shotgun... on our way out to the Valley of Speed... Reno 94 IIRC. Since we all agreed what happens in the truck stays in the truck... I'm keeping my word. That was as funny as it gets... the look on Wayne's face after you said that was priceless (I actually think he was taking you seriously for a moment LOL).
          Good times
          Last edited by Pylon1_Mark; 08-07-2024, 04:52 PM.
          Mark K....

Comment

Originally posted by Pylon1_Mark View Post
            Now that brought a smile to my face... it was me sitting in the middle, Wayne driving, and you sitting shotgun... on our way out to the Valley of Speed... Reno 94 IIRC. Since we all agreed what happens in the truck stays in the truck... I'm keeping my word. That was as funny as it gets... the look on Wayne's face after you said that was priceless (I actually think he was taking you seriously for a moment LOL).
            Good times
            And that made ME smile as well. Good time, indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
              Better times. I'll tell you what, Wayne....what happens in the truck, stays in the truck.

The first few years of AAFO, before Mark went off to start Pylon 1, before Scotty G went the way of WAP, and before the Bear...well...went off the deep end...were times I will always remember fondly.

Blue Skies

Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	1218
Size:	250.6 KB
ID:	265498 [ATTACH=JSON]{" [/ATTACH]

When Birgitta saw this photo she said "Wow, that is so Wayne!". That is pretty much how I remember him, from back in the same early days that Mark and Brad are talking about, through sharing a motor home with Wayne and Naomi behind John Parker's hangar and on and on for over twenty years.. Wayne did make a difference, and he will be missed.

Neal

Comment

We certainly had our disagreements over the years, but Wayne was one of the people who helped get me into the media pool. RIP.

Comment

Yes Wayne did make a lasting contribution with this website, there's no doubt. And because of that we've all been able to share in some great fun here and hopefully keep some terrific history alive. Thanks Wayne... Blue Skies.
                  Jan

http://www.AirRace.info = http://www.airrace.de

Comment

RIP - Tail Winds - Long Runways with the sun to your back...a piece of me just left forever. Linda - I hope you are on-here, well and I hope you have a Wayner-Team to keep this up...unreal. Mitch Amy Max Travis and all TOR'ers!!! God Bless Wayne's spirit and righteousness! Amen.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	RENO_FLAGMAN.jpg
Views:	715
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	265528
                    Last edited by mitchcarley; 08-09-2024, 05:35 PM.

Comment

So sorry to hear about this... In 30 years of Reno I somehow never crossed paths with him but I am forever in his debt for this site.

Comment

Very sad. Have enjoyed this site for many years. RIP

Comment

Wayne,

I will miss You very much, you were a good friend of my Dads, Brad's Ex Jaimie came up with the Rare Bear Fan Sponsor group, however Wayne jumped in and gave us the forum and promoted the hell out of the idea. So Wayne's horsepower on this site changed air racing for us.

Over the years I had many late night conversations with Wayne updating him on the inside of things as approved by Lyle's Crew Chief or later on with Kerch and Dwight's approval.

When Rod Lewis was negotiating with Lyle for the Rare Bear purchase someone leaked the story ahead of the deal. Rod called Lyle and said "If you can't keep a lid on this I'm out." I called Wayne and PM'd Scott at WAP asking them to delete the posts and shut the story down before it killed the deal. They helped us with that and negotiations continued.

I enjoyed the time I had in person with him, I enjoyed the phone conversations I had with him. Sadly he's now a memory, a good memory, a great memory if he had not been here most people never would have learned what went on inside the ropes. In addition some of us that were concerned with making the machines go fast never would have appreciated how many pixels needed to die to get that picture that is on our walls that was in reality the one of a thousand attempts to get the right amount of prop blur, with the pylon in the perfect spot, magically framing the other airplanes in the image.

Good night Wayne, Rest in peace.

John
                          John Slack

Comment

Originally posted by BellCobraIV View Post
                            Wayne,

I will miss You very much, you were a good friend of my Dads, Brad's Ex Jaimie came up with the Rare Bear Fan Sponsor group, however Wayne jumped in and gave us the forum and promoted the hell out of the idea. So Wayne's horsepower on this site changed air racing for us.

Over the years I had many late night conversations with Wayne updating him on the inside of things as approved by Lyle's Crew Chief or later on with Kerch and Dwight's approval.

When Rod Lewis was negotiating with Lyle for the Rare Bear purchase someone leaked the story ahead of the deal. Rod called Lyle and said "If you can't keep a lid on this I'm out." I called Wayne and PM'd Scott at WAP asking them to delete the posts and shut the story down before it killed the deal. They helped us with that and negotiations continued.

I enjoyed the time I had in person with him, I enjoyed the phone conversations I had with him. Sadly he's now a memory, a good memory, a great memory if he had not been here most people never would have learned what went on inside the ropes. In addition some of us that were concerned with making the machines go fast never would have appreciated how many pixels needed to die to get that picture that is on our walls that was in reality the one of a thousand attempts to get the right amount of prop blur, with the pylon in the perfect spot, magically framing the other airplanes in the image.

Good night Wayne, Rest in peace.

John
                            No way to say anything better. What a tribute John. Well done!

Comment

Blue skies and fair winds, so thankful wayne gave us a place to be fans and friends

Comment

Sending my best to his family and my gratitude to him for creating the opportunity, as many of you do, for a guy halfway across the country to experience our beloved sport in way that otherwise would not be possible.

Blue skies, Wayne.

James

Comment

Working...
                                X