No announcement yet.

Wayne Sagar, RIP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Condolences to family, friends, to all on this site. Blue skies Wayne.

Comment

My sincere condolences !

Comment

I've been away too long.
        I wasn't as involved as most of you, but I certainly could count on this site to educate me on so many aspects of air racing. My dialog with Wayne was confined to personal messages, but what an accomdating guy he was.
        So many chapers closing.
        Thanks for everything, Wayne. You got the checkered flag!

Comment

Blue skies Wayne

Finally I found the courage to try to write some words.
          Here in Germany you do not hear or read a lot about Reno Airracing. The first time I saw an article in a flying magazine about the Planes of Fame Museum, including some content about airracing, I was hocked and I was searching for everything related to airracing. This was about 35 years ago. Some day, I don`t remember when it was, I found this site. For me it was like heaven. There was and still is so much information, you never find any where else.
          It wasn`t until 2008 when I had the chance to visit Reno with my family, wife and 3 kids, the first time. For planning of the trip again this site provided so much help. It would have been much more difficult without. We used the campsite of the church, which was recommended here. It was a great experience. But we had to leave at Saturday, because our kids had to go to school on Monday. Can you imagine? People on the camp site could not belive, that we were leaving on Saturday evening. At that time I thought we will never return, as the financial effort was quite high. Was I wrong!!!
          After the accident in 2011 my sons and I thought thats it, races are over. When we heard there will be races in 2012 we immediately strated planning our trip. Once again with the whole family.
          In the following years one of my sons and I tried to make it as often as possible, which ended last year with our tenth visit to the races.

All I want to say is, that airracing has significantly influenced my life, and this mainly started and was possible due to this site.

Thanks Wayne, RIP
          Franz

Comment

Working...
          X