Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The future of the site is questionable at this time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The future of the site is questionable at this time...

With Wayne's passing, the board is faced with a pretty serious issue. Despite my asking, and begging for all the passwords, server companies ect, Wayne never shared any of that info with me. This means, I can't pay the server fee or anything like that. I have no idea who to pay or any passwords to do updates, ect. The situation that I dreaded, has come true.

Mark Kalio and I are working on this, but we have no guarantees on a positive outcome. We hope we can keep the doors open, but if the site is gone suddenly, this is likely why. I don't know how long things are paid up for, I have no info whatsoever.

Cross your fingers we can get this covered and keep the doors open.

Will

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    With Wayne's passing, the board is faced with a pretty serious issue. Despite my asking, and begging for all the passwords, server companies ect, Wayne never shared any of that info with me. This means, I can't pay the server fee or anything like that. I have no idea who to pay or any passwords to do updates, ect. The situation that I dreaded, has come true.

Mark Kalio and I are working on this, but we have no guarantees on a positive outcome. We hope we can keep the doors open, but if the site is gone suddenly, this is likely why. I don't know how long things are paid up for, I have no info whatsoever.

Cross your fingers we can get this covered and keep the doors open.

Will
    Will,
    Unfortunate news to be sure. For all you've done to bridge the gap, thank you. Should this be my last post on AAFO, it has been, in general, a welcomed place to share stories and learn about the history of the motorsport we all love.

I sincerely hope this site can survive...its a treasure. If not, I wish everyone good health, a long life, and CAVU!
    Owen Ashurst
    Air Boss
    http://airbossone.com/

Comment

On a positive note, I just got off the phone with Linda (Wayne's wife) and plans are in the works to recover the info needed. No guarantees, but we think Wayne has the sever on a yearly contract and we know the aafo domain name is good until 2026. It's all an unknown though until we get access to Wayne's computer, which is locked.... so our first big hurdle will be getting access to the computer files and hopefully find the details needed to gain direct access to the server.

From here on out, unless time sensitive... Will is going to be the point man keeping everyone informed on what's happening. I'm going to focus on the site itself to insure its continuation. Theres hope everything will work out OK, but its not going to happen fast and no guarantees.

Keep your fingers crossed
      Mark K....

Comment

Originally posted by Pylon1_Mark View Post
        On a positive note, I just got off the phone with Linda (Wayne's wife) and plans are in the works to recover the info needed. No guarantees, but we think Wayne has the sever on a yearly contract and we know the aafo domain name is good until 2026. It's all an unknown though until we get access to Wayne's computer, which is locked.... so our first big hurdle will be getting access to the computer files and hopefully find the details needed to gain direct access to the server.

From here on out, unless time sensitive... Will is going to be the point man keeping everyone informed on what's happening. I'm going to focus on the site itself to insure its continuation. Theres hope everything will work out OK, but its not going to happen fast and no guarantees.

Keep your fingers crossed
        Fingers are crossed. Birgitta says good luck to both of you. The information contained on this site should be preserved...

Comment

Sure hope you guys can keep this site alive. I've been around here for 20 years next month and have learned so much about air racing and it's history. This is the first place I visit every morning when I fire up the laptop, then WIX. Good luck with the information retrieval.

Comment

Thank you to everyone trying to keep this place rolling!!
            "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Thanks Will, thanks Mark. Much appreciated. We'll keep our fingers crossed.
              Jan

http://www.AirRace.info = http://www.airrace.de

Comment

Thanks Guys! Let me know if I can help.
                TJ

Comment

Thanks for the support everyone. We will do our best to keep the site going, and hopefully growing once more. I don't have any new news, but when I get some, I'll keep everyone posted.

Will

Comment

Thank you all and Linda )

Comment

Working...
                    X