Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The future of the site is questionable at this time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    Mark,
    Thanks for posting the update. I was trying to remember all the details for this so I could do one, but its so much better when the info comes from the person doing the work.

I guess in light of the likely page redesign, this question goes out to everyone who uses the site.
    What would you like to see change? Yes there is some old content that isn't really needed up front, so perhaps we can create a "race report archive" section and move them there. With the Sport Class racing group, I have offered them a spot on here as well. They aren't just about the Sport class, but all classes. Heck, all the top Sport guys do have Unlimited projects, and some of those projects are really cool. They have a vested interest in keeping the Unlimited class going, and taking it in a new direction. (Still with Merlins, Griffons, and 4360s) I'm also thinking of allowing other aviation related stuff in, airshows, cool air to air photography shoots, aerial fire fighting, ect. Stuff that we all can enjoy. I do want to keep the focus on air racing, but until we get more growth on that front, we need some filler.

What are your guy's thoughts?

Will
    While I'm much more active on Facebook, at least socially speaking, that all sounds great to me and it checks a lot of my aviation boxes for sure. This site is what first harbored my love of air racing over 20 years ago when I first got the internet after first hearing of it over 30 years ago when my father brought me back a Tsunami shirt from Reno. While I've only ever posted here a handful of times over the years that I've actually been a member (I was a lurker for a long, long time before finally joining), I check in almost every day, and just about everything I've learned from the sport has come from AAFO over the years. Wayne truly built something special here for all of us, and sad to say, I think he really took his work for granted at times. Especially at the times when he questioned whether or not this site still had a purpose going forward. I think it would great for his legacy to keep growing and moving forward exactly in the ways you're thinking, Will.

Comment

I would like for the site to continue. I post occasionally but mostly lurk. I do check daily. The pics are great and I really enjoy the insiders info and tech. This is the last air racing site left. I don't do facebook. Thank you Wayne, Will and Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Plane Nuts View Post
        I would like for the site to continue. I post occasionally but mostly lurk. I do check daily. The pics are great and I really enjoy the insiders info and tech. This is the last air racing site left. I don't do facebook. Thank you Wayne, Will and Mark.
        What he said. Love this place, love the pictures, love the insights. Would really miss it.

Comment

Working...
        X