Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

September Fury 232, September Pops 911 and Rare Bear present and future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September Fury 232, September Pops 911 and Rare Bear present and future?

Just wondering what the status and where are these airplanes today? What do you think the future will be for them? Do you think they'll all be put back to stock or ??
    Last edited by supercub; 09-08-2024, 05:01 PM.

Rare Bear is in Texas, no idea what Rod wants to do with it. Sept Fury is in Ione, apparently with a stock 3350, and flyable, but the owner lives in Germany with very little warbird experience, and hasn't paid the bill.

Will

Comment

I think Race 911 is N233MB and is owned and still flown by Lewis. Has a 3350.

Comment

Originally posted by cragdweller View Post
        I think Race 911 is N233MB and is owned and still flown by Lewis. Has a 3350.
        Correct. Now painted in a Cuban AF scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post

Correct. Now painted in a Cuban AF scheme.
          To add on, it was used in the filming of Devotion for the Bearcat cockpit scenes

Comment

That poor airplane has had some really unfortunate paint jobs over the years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	R98 Bottom2 NN01   WEB   .jpg
Views:	55
Size:	436.5 KB
ID:	265950

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post

That poor airplane has had some really unfortunate paint jobs over the years.

Name:	R98 Bottom2 NN01   WEB   .jpg
Views:	55
Size:	436.5 KB
ID:	265950

Just my opinion, not sure I would call that unfortunate, just not very flashy or exciting. I always like the red and yellow scheme it wore towards the end of Mike Brown's ownership.

Comment

Many people really liked that second scheme. I hated it from the start -- too busy and too many points in the paint scheme. It did not work with or enhance the lovely Sea Fury lines at all, nor did it much evoke racing for me. For me it just felt like empty pointless flash...

Name:	_PRS0011    WEB   1.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	462.3 KB
ID:	265956

Name:	_PRN4160    WEB  1.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	574.7 KB
ID:	265957

Comment

I've never been a fan of either the color red or yellow, and certainly not together. It reminds me of MCDonalds. That said, the paint scheme while ugly color wise, didn't look bad in design. It was bright, it pops against the hills, and its easy to see. All good things for a race plane. At the very least, at least it was original.

I like the blue and silver scheme far more, but its not flashy.

Will

Comment

Working...
                  X