Gentlemen, You don't have a race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jan View Post
    As for WEC, I'm not much of a fan. I've seen that series up close as well. It's extremely political and the on-track action isn't very exciting for the most part. A lot of that has to do with the all-endurance format. Having your main race format be all six-hour events just isn't conducive to producing a large fan base. If the WEC didn't have Le Mans, no one would know about it. The race length also generally leads to loooong periods of lapping - not racing. Some people enjoy that but most don't.

If you talk to the drivers currently, they're all delighted (the pros who are getting paid, that is) to be racing in WEC because it's now primarily a manufacturer series and that equates to money.

If you ask them where they'd race if money wasn't a consideration, they'd tell you IMSA. Racing in the U.S. is much more open and fun than racing in Europe or other parts of the globe. And the tracks here - with the exception of Circuit of the Americas - are better than many of newer tracks in Europe or elsewhere. Herman Tilke is one of the worst things ever to happen to road racing. The old-school tracks like Monza, Road Atlanta, Road America, Watkins Glen, VIR - even tight little Lime Rock are the best. Spa used to be ok but it's been neutered.

I could go on about other series but I'll leave it at this. If you want to see really good actual racing on a consistent basis go to the dirt. Watch the winged 410-sprint cars with the World of Outlaws or the High Limit series or the Super Late Models in the Lucas Oil series or World of Outlaws and several excellent regional series. That's real racing.
    I thought the topic was "what is everybody doing instead this year?" I must have missed the part about if you don't like what someone else is doing feel free to trash the **** out of it.

Yep - missed that part. But it won't happen again, that I promise you
    Mark K....

Comment

A lot of touchiness around here all of a sudden. I don't see the insult here -- We're all supposed to be friends...

Neal
      Last edited by wingman; 09-20-2024, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post

A lot of touchiness around here all of a sudden. I don't see the insult here -- We're all supposed to be friends...

Neal
        I'll answer that with a quote from the Miss America coverage thread.....

Originally posted by Matt58 View Post
        Ever since I became a member here, every year, someone comes along to crap in someone else’s thread. Unfortunately, that’s part of running an online forum.

And some people are extremely loyal to their past and can’t see 1/2” in front of their face and couldn’t fathom the possibility of thinking outside their own head.

It is what it is…

It happened in the Miss A thread, it happened here, and it happened in my Linda's tribute thread. So it is what it is sir, I won't be posting much in the future.
        Mark K....

Comment

I for one am sorry to hear that, Mark. You have always been one of the more literate and knowledgable posters here. I've always enjoyed what you write.

I still wonder what has set you off so seriously. I've reread the thread several times and I honestly see nothing offensive, or even tasteless. (And ditto for the "Linda tribute thread").

So does this mean I'll never get to hear what happened to Doc Hisey and Miss America in the Saturday Heat Race?? I've been wondering about that for a long time now, and I suspect you are the only person around here who really knows.

Neal

Comment

Working...
          X