Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What about next year?

Originally posted by Victor Archer
    I have 5 acres of swamp gas for sale on my home planet. If you even believe for one second that they qualified on take off power you must want to buy the property... Hell I even through in the three eyed toad!

Comment

Originally posted by Mluvara
      Show me the UN-altered Data and I'll believe you

Or, is take off power just a tick below full power?
      http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
      http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

I have 5 acres of swamp gas for sale on my home planet. If you even believe for one second that they qualified on take off power you must want to buy the property... Hell I even through in the three eyed toad!
        What is swamp gas good for? is it really cheap?

Jarrod

Comment

Show me the UN-altered Data and I'll believe you

Or, is take off power just a tick below full power?
          Take-off power could be as much as 1000hp more than normal cruise power. In normal type certificate operations T/O power is only allowed for a certain amount of time.

So yes, T/O is probably close to full power.

John?

Comment

Originally posted by King
            Take-off power could be as much as 1000hp more than normal cruise power. In normal type certificate operations T/O power is only allowed for a certain amount of time.

So yes, T/O is probably close to full power.

John?
            If Take Off power is what they were running, wouldn't that equate to about a 480 mph take off roll & climb out?

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
              If Take Off power is what they were running, wouldn't that equate to about a 480 mph take off roll & climb out?
              Well, of course.........

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                I don't know what they have done to that momo but it definately has a different sound than the other 3350s. I first noticed it on one of thier 7:00 am runs. they were up all alone and you could hear that sound echoing off the mountains as they rounded the valley. It sounds great and it sounds like they have someting left they haven't used.
                While I agree that September Fury's 3350 was one sweet sounding powerplant, the one that particularly struck me was when Bear's engine was fired and warmed prior to Wednesday's qualifying run. It seemed to me to have the most staccato exhaust bark to it, somewhat reminiscent of a top fuel dragster at idle. If I was to make an extremely wild, uneducated, non-engine-guru guess about it, I'd bet the lifters were punching the exhast valves open at a higher cylinder pressure than normal. I have no idea if that would be earlier or later than normal, but whatever makes more power, that'd be my bet.

Cheers
                Gerry

Comment

I've known Bill for 21 years and he's never given me any indication that he lies. <LOL>

However he did not mention what the parameters were that he considers to be "take off power". His definition of "take off power" and what the "book numbers" are, might be a little different

Comment

Originally posted by paintboy
                    For the past three years no Merlin powered racer has survived to contend for the money on Sunday.

Dave

Actually, it has only been this year and last year that Merlin powered racers haven't faired so well Dave. Two years ago (2004), Dago passed the stripe first, but that little pylon cut negated the victory. Just clarifying.

Tommy

Comment

Originally posted by marada mx3
                      Actually, it has only been this year and last year that Merlin powered racers haven't faired so well Dave. Two years ago (2004), Dago passed the stripe first, but that little pylon cut negated the victory. Just clarifying.

Tommy
                      And 2005's absence of Merlins in the winner's circle was (supposedly) due to some defective engine components, not because the V-12s couldn't "tale the heat" anymore.

Just wait until 2007. The Big Vees will rule again! Zoom, zoom zoom!

Comment

I'm sorry, I guess a stock P-51 airframe doing laps in the 460's in sundays gold, does not count. I think RidgeRunner has a Merlin in it?

Comment

Working...
                        X