Clear All

Re: Critters you find in the sand

That's a house of mirrors for sure...

If you ever misplaced a socket wrench in there it'd take a while to find
    Sky Critter

Comment

Sweeeeeeeeeeet Mark!
      I knew you were into the Stangs, had'nt seen this one.
      I'm like you, don't race the Vette except a couple of autocross's. Tires are too expensive. I've had it on a track once at a school at 150 and it's nice. With the electronoics and traction control it's hard to get it into trouble without being stupid. I've come close to having it break loose a time or two but been saved by the system. At the conditions it will finally depart I don't think I'd want to be aboard.
      I hav'nt come close to any mods, just intake and exhaust.
      Sure nice to have the acceleration when I want it tho. It's hard to find a safe place to open it up anymore!
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words guys - brought a big smile to my face

Cougar347... no, haven't taken it to the track yet. Still needing some safety equipment installed (roll cage & diveshaft loop) before I would feel comfortable since anything under 12 seconds requires it. It should run around mid 11s - so I think your son would own me with his bowtie (mighty impressive car he's got there BTW). Yes, it really is tuned with a laptop - and even though I actually am more familiar with the old school stuff... the SCT II tuner really is kinda cool. Being able to datalog all engine parameters and then adjust everything by modifying the computer program has a lot of advantages. One of my buddys at work also has a Mustang and he has a lot more tech experience with that stuff then I do, but I'm learning. His 03 Mustang Cobra has a bit more under the hood then I do... pushing around 750HP . With 4.30 gears running MT (Mickey Thompson) Drag Radials - he says he actually gets great traction, even on the street. Since the BF Goodrich drag radials are comparable (not quite as sticky, but real close), I'm good to go.

Leo... sounds like you have a very fun toy too
        I wish the traction control used on Ford products was even 1/2 as good as the ones made by GM. I actually have my computer program altered to turn the darn thing off by default - it's a POS. LOL
        Mark K....

Comment

My days of real hot-rodding are over! When I could rebuild a sour motor in my 57 Chevy over a weekend for $300 in parts, or get drivetrain parts at the local wrecking yard for pennies it made sense. I can't afford the time and money anymore! A higher flow air cleaner is $100. Don't know how you guys do it!
          The traction control has sved me a couple of time when I really should have been more careful. I went thru a series of turns on highway 20 near clear lake a while ago and just kept accelarating, enjoying the feel. After a straight I hit the next at about 70, then was confronted with a 30MPH sign. I got ready to counter the inevitable slide when everything kicked in. My wifes head hit my shoulder and mine banged the window HARD but it never even squeeked. Went thru on rails.
          Nice to have fun toys guys!
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
            540? Wow! I thought 380 was a handful! How do you keep the rubber attached to the road?
            The rubber sticks to the road GREAT. Which is why you see all them black marks on roads Its keeping the rubber in contact with the road from parting company with the rest of the tire that is a little more difficult.....

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra
              OK - pic time. I likes showin my baby off
              <Tim Allen>

I see you chromed the kannuter valve there....

</Tim Allen>

Beautiful car, Mark! One of these days I'm gonna have to get me one of them thar newfangled computerized muscle cars maybe there'll be a Challenger SRT-8 in my future some day. For now I still make horsepower by fiddling with metering rods and jets

Comment

Originally posted by Cougar347
                It would be an interesting match race between your new technology Mustang and my son's '69 Camaro with a Pat Musi 555 big block.
                Old-tech and new-tech are really fairly comparable in terms of ultimate power. The difference, in my experience, is that the new-tech guys get 22 miles per gallon while driving home after running their 12-second passes and us old tech guys get about 8 mpg with a tailwind :-/ Being a Mopar guy, I used to get a double dose of it aggravation from the front-drive turbo Mopar crowd. I mean, those guys take some of the ugliest and cheesiest cars ever made (Reliants, Omnis, and minivans, for cripe's sake!) and run about as fast as a beautiful 67 Hemi GTX by cranking up the boost and hanging huge intercoolers. And then they'd get 30 mpg driving home. Pestiferous little buggers.... almost makes me want to go build one myself!

Comment

We install turbos on mainly GM cars. The systems are STS Turbo systems. We put twins on a 2007 Vette with the LS2. Runs 200 mph and gets 30 mpg. Incredible. All with the stock computer and intake gear. Check them out at ststurbo.com. This was the mild system.

We have a 2001 firebird that is built with a 384 67mm single with ADI that makes over 700hp to the wheels but I think the tranny is trash LOL.

Comment

My Vette averages 24 overall.
                    My wife's Suburu Tribeca gets about 22...
                    I've got 2 more cylinders and over 100 more HP.
                    And yes, my old Chevy got about 11!
                    I love technology.
                    airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                    X