X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rumors......

Originally posted by t-dub
    I saw this on the other site this morning
    That was posted here a couple days ago... actually took me a day or so to find and approve it, since it was a new member...

It prompted my "scratch you're head" response... guess it all got out of sequence...

I have NO idea if this is for real but, if it is, it sure would be "out of the box" and VERY VERY COOL!!!

I mean...

Some of this stuff seems really far fetched!

But...

Wingman told me of his early experiences with Bill Rogers... Something like...

"hey.. I'm building a mustang!"

And he'd show Wingman a few parts on a hangar floor (picture)... Each year for a few years after.. he'd say.. "hey... here's my mustang"..

More parts...

Then, they finished her...

And she was a beauty..

Never NEVER discount what imagination and energy, coupled with a large dose of very smart human input and a few dollars might present us some September morning!!!!

Isn't this why we love this sport???

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by BellCobraIV
      Do the boys in the band know you are playing their song? I was just wondering?
      Is somebody talking about things that they should not talk about?!?

Comment

this sounds like another team wang story.................except the comment about the band by BCIV actually lends a certain air of credability to it.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar

Isn't this why we love this sport???

Oh Yeah! The phrase has already been coined, It goes something like this: "Just wait till next year!"
          "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Originally posted by Skyracer
            I have Solidworks at work and use it frequently. Yes, it is a very kewl program but $$$. For tinkering at home, I found Google Sketchup (free). It is a very capable 3D modeling program and easy to learn . Best of all, it is FREE!!!

Here's the link: http://sketchup.google.com/

Thanks for the tip(and the link). I'm going to try it.

Comment

Back in the early 90s we had a Lear 24 that we used to mock up a Williams FJ44-1A engine installation and we also removed the tip tanks to installed extended wings and winglets.

A real neat project project, but we dropped it due to the fact that the -1A engines did not have the power needed and we moved on to other projects.

Late 90s, maybe around 2000 or so, a group bought the airplane from us because they did not need the wings (they were unusable) and only wanted the fuselage.

Not sure who they were (I need to go back and see who the paper work was too) but there were strange rumors at that time about some hybrid airplane. I always thought it had something to do with the rocket group using a lear fuselage and wing for thier project. This could be where our fuselage went. I will see what I can find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
                Is somebody talking about things that they should not talk about?!?
                Actually Randy, THIS time, it would be a GOOD thing!

Something to look forward too???

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Come on. Similar in design to a German aircraft and named "The Final Solution"?!!! Think about it.
                  "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

Originally posted by hm66sk
                    Come on. Similar in design to a German aircraft and named "The Final Solution"?!!! Think about it.
                    That thought crossed my mind also................too much bad Karma just to pull someone's leg. If it's not a joke.....

Kevin

Comment

Despite my hesitancy to release too much info on this project before we've accomplished some key milestones and addressed a few management/team issues, I wanted to step in an address the confusion/error over the project's name.

As with any design effort, there are many iterations as concepts and details are worked out. During the process we had many, many 'tweaked' versions of the design floated amongst our core group before we finally settled on a final concept.

Unfortunately, in our haste to get the details out to some key players, an admin in our office added the words "Final Solution" to the header of an eMAIL. This young lady didn't understand the connotation this phrase had in terms of World History. We've since educated her on this topic.

That being said, what I will tell you is that the team is currently working with a project name of "LearSolution". This is by no means final, as we are looking at a couple of potential Corporate sponsors that may want to have input on this issue.

Also, keep your eyes open for a website in the near future. We are looking at concepts now as well as debating how much info we want to release and when. Then of course there's the issue of finding a suitable developer and host. But then we never said this would be easy.

Thanks for you interest.

Jeff Handley
                      Perfermance Concepts Group

Comment

I was able to find a photo of our Lear before we closed the program.

I also found the files for when we sold it. There is enough intrigue associated with the name on the sales documents coupled with some hints that I have seen here that I think it best that I not post that information at this time.

more things that just make you go hmmmmmmmmmm............
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by King
                          King... I can see some things in the posts that could lean me either way (belief)

I'll try to do my job, stay objective and see if there is a verification path here..

My bottom line stance though is... who are we to say "it can't be done"?

Far stranger things have been done in aviation for less worthy goals than winning setting records at RENO!

Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I was able to find a photo of our Lear before we closed the program.

I also found the files for when we sold it. There is enough intrigue associated with the name on the sales documents coupled with some hints that I have seen here that I think it best that I not post that information at this time.

hmmmmmmmmmm............ is very succinct way of putting it
                            Last edited by al baby; 02-04-2008, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                              King... I can see some things in the posts that could lean me either way (belief)
                              Kind of the way I feel too, but stranger things have happened. Although I did get a big surprise today going through that old paperwork.

Comment

Kind of the way I feel too, but stranger things have happened. Although I did get a big surprise today going through that old paperwork.
                                I will say, however strange it might seem that this project could be real... would THIS bring some excitement and something to look forward to!

Mark Kallio and I co-wrote a story a long time ago, we aimed the title at Larry Lowe's 1992 "The Last Piston Show"...

If we could turn the clock back and someone wrote a message here that they were building a twin boomed Nissan powered racer....

Or a slightly smaller than, "Mustang-Like" racer....

Interesting story however sliced... rumor/fact/hoax

Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X