unlimited activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unlimited activity

does anyone know if the rare bear has a new website? Is so what is it and does it have new paint? Like the new poster art from Victor Archer!! That guy has the touch!! I still can't beleive I didn't buy the Bear/Dego Red poster reprinted with permission by The Space and Aviation museum or whatever it's called. A vendor was selling the poster for $20.00. I knew it was going to cost me $100.00 to frame it so I opted for a shirt. Should have bought that poster! I has both planes in a high bank turn with the Nevada desert in the background...so Reno! I could buy an original but I think the price tag is around $1500.00.

Also...what's going on with Voodoo? Have they made that intake mod yet?

What's Mike Brown got up his sleeve for 08?

Precious Metal, Cloud Dancer?

What's the gold field look like for 08?

Re: unlimited activity

No new website

waiting for new paint

yes you should have bought that print, its awesome.

Voodoo team is focusing on powerplant and pilot. No race scoop (less) or race canopy this year.

Sea Furies dont fit up sleeves, they barely fit in a blimp hanger.

Precious Metal is a definate maybe. Heard some things about some minor mods happening. maybe new pilot??

Galloping ghost would be a long shot, sitting kind of dormant.

The gold field for 08 looks like this

Rare Bear.............................................. .................................................. ......................................Rest of the field............................................. .................................................. ....................................something trailing smoke.

Comment

Anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus
        The gold field for 08 looks like this

Rare Bear.............................................. .................................................. ......................................Rest of the field............................................. .................................................. ....................................something trailing smoke.

That's funny right there. "Something trailing smoke"... Cracked me up!! Think there will be a different winner though.
        Last edited by ebutner; 04-29-2008, 03:26 PM.
        Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Oberev
          does anyone know if the rare bear has a new website? Is so what is it and does it have new paint?
          Oh geez.. here we go again!

Site had an old index.htm file, (apparantly, put in there by the guy who had the site for a couple years, prior to my taking it back over a few years ago) which the new server was apparantly configured to read first (there's an order which the server looks for files in directories.. like index.html, (usually) index.htm, index.shtml.. and so on) and that was what was seen... new/old site is back online.. We're working on getting a lot more on the site, but from what we understand (who knows till it's painted and we have pix) the paint scheme in the logo is pretty close to what we'll see this coming September (maybe sooner)

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

At the moment...the 'Bear' is quite naked...so in requards to a new paint job...that much is certain...

Lonnie

Comment

Originally posted by MMPerk
              the 'Bear' is quite naked...so in requards to a new paint job...that much is certain...
              Lonnie... how long do we have to keep up the cover stores for the "quakes"... I mean, just about everyone knows by now.. They've been testing the new overthruster flux capaciter in the secret/double secret bear "cave"....

I mean, there is just so much you guys can keep under wraps down there when you make so much noise doing things!

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thanks section 3 guy for your response. Yes there is one more question. Did Mike Brown purchase Dego Red. I hope his strategy is not to buy up his competition and retire it! I personally don't like to see dominance. I didn't like it when Dego Red won all the time and I won't like it if Rare Bear has another string of victories. At least I would like to see 3 planes in the hunt!

I live in NW Reno. No shakes, rattles or rolls last night! Secured the furnace and water heater to the wall in the garage with a 2X3 screwed into the sheet rock, some eye screws and medium size rope. Finding those studs is a pain. LOL! Seriously I think I anchored into something that felt like wood!! I figure if the wall comes down it doesn't really matter what system or materials you use. Anyone got a race plane that needs aerodynamic filler and a paint job! LOL!
                Hans

Comment

Wayne,
                  I developed a prototype backpack for motorsports. Need to get a digital sales presentation created that has a click and drag color feature. Do you know someone that could help me with this project? My email address is oberev@sbcglobal.net
                  Thanks
                  Hans

P.S. So what is Rare Bare's website?

Comment

whoops, I meant Rear Bear!!

Comment

ok 3 strike and your out, lets try again....Rare Bear!!!!! Never mind...found the website, just got to learn to spell. Yeah, like the paint scheme on the first page of the website. The purple fading to gold with orange. The orange and flames look great. Last year was a rush job and it showed! Did anyone see JP's landing on youtube? Sent chills down my spine.

Comment

Is that print "The Unlimiteds", the poster for the National Air Race museum?
                        If so it IS cool. I've been lucky the past couple of years that several locals have, upon finding out I'm a fan, given me things they've collected. One of them is a beautifully framed copy of that print.
                        I've gotten programs, posters, pictures, books and some parts, pretty neat.
                        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Mike Brown does not own Dago. It is still at Dan Martin's, Ridge Runner III's owner. It is in the air however.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
                            Is that print "The Unlimiteds", the poster for the National Air Race museum?
                            If so it IS cool. I've been lucky the past couple of years that several locals have, upon finding out I'm a fan, given me things they've collected. One of them is a beautifully framed copy of that print.
                            I've gotten programs, posters, pictures, books and some parts, pretty neat.
                            Lucky!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Oberev
                              Lucky!!!
                              Lucky you scored that picture! Yes it is called The Unlimited's. Maybe Victor will take a new shot of Rare Bear and Sept Fury banking that same turn with the mtns and sage brush in the background...no houses! Sign me up if he does. Are you paying attention Victor?

Comment

Working...
                              X