Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A few considerations

Originally posted by tjyak50 View Post
    Just 2 short weeks from today and many of the unknowns will be known.

The "off year" maybe saved a lot of equipment?

Our patience to be rewarded?
    Getting excited now.

Tj

shame CzechMate won't be here this year. One of my perennial favorites.
    A HUGE shame our favorite Yak won't be there indeed. Be nice to see Steadfast if it's there tho.

Also, since those Gold planes didn't get their hard run last year and maybe also didn't get rebuilt since then........NOT running that race just might prove to be very costly this year.

Comment

Originally posted by GeeBeeZ1931 View Post
      Putting Mustang(Merlin)and "stamina" in the same breath is an oxymoron. Notwithstanding the past very FEW years of phemenominal good luck in that camp.
      So, you wouldn't count the Merlin run from '95-2003 as "stamina"? (no 2001, obviously, and 2004 would have been a Merlin win as well if not for the pylon cut) Short memory. The truth is, ALL these motors are stretched to the limit, and even the smallest system hiccup will be magnified 1000x due to the power settings, inline OR round. BTW, care to do a check to see which type leads the overall Gold Championships at Reno? I'll give you a little hint: It ain't a Pratt or a Wright...

SA
      Last edited by Smee Again; 09-07-2011, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GeeBeeZ1931 View Post
        Putting Mustang(Merlin)and "stamina" in the same breath is an oxymoron. Notwithstanding the past very FEW years of phemenominal good luck in that camp.
        The stride of the mighty mustang.....How do you like me now? #7 - 499!

Comment

Let's talk next Monday

Comment

And the saga continues.........

CC
            "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X